How to configure your shipping settings
In this tutorial, we will show you how to add different service levels, enable landed cost, and add or remove countries in the Zonos app.
- Under the Configure section, click on Checkout.
- In the Shipping and payment settings, click on Shipping.
The functions and settings will be determined based on the options you choose here.
(Note that global settings will be set by default if no carrier or service level is selected.)
- In the General tab, you can configure your general shipping information. Here, you can set up fulfillment days, warehouse picking cutoff time, or add a custom shipping message to display for all service levels in the Zonos Checkout.
- In the Landed Cost tab, you can choose your default country of origin, indicate the most commonly used HS code, and provide a general description of goods.
- In the Rates tab, you can add an amount to the calculated shipping amount with either a flat or percentage amount. (Note that any changes made to the carrier or service level will override what is set here. It will not "stack" or add if an increase is added on each level.)
- In the Countries tab, you can add or remove the countries available for quotes or ones you want to show in the Zonos Checkout. All available ship to countries are enabled by default. You can search by country or by region. Be sure to save your changes by clicking the blue SAVE button at the bottom.
- Within the CARRIER drop-down at the top, you can select the carrier level you want to modify.
- In the General tab, you can see the account number registered and the rate type.
- In the Landed Cost tab, you can enable landed cost for your carrier and add or remove any carrier fees associated with your carrier. Make sure to save your changes. (Note: Also ensure the carrier you select allows for duty and tax to be prepaid before enabling.)
- In the Rates tab, you can add a flat or percentage amount to any carrier. (Note that any changes made will override any rate increases made when "ALL" was selected in the carrier section above.)
- In the Countries tab, you can remove countries shown for specific carriers. Make sure to save your changes. (Note: With a specific carrier selected, this will only disable or enable a country for the selected carrier.)
- Within the SERVICE LEVELS drop-down at the top (next to the CARRIER drop-down), you can select the specific service level you want to modify.
- In the General tab to enable your service level or add custom messaging and delivery date information.
- In the Landed cost tab, you can enable landed cost and make it a requirement or optional for customers to prepay the duty and tax. (Note: Please ensure your service level allows prepayment of duty and tax before enabling.)
- In the Rates tab, you can increase or decrease rates for the selected service level.
- In the Countries tab, you can add or remove the available countries for the selected service level.