How to get your API login ID & transaction key
Disclaimer: Please be aware that you can use your current transaction key if you have one to enter into your Zonos app payment settings. If you choose to create a new transaction key to replace your current one, this will affect your current payment settings. Make sure you update your information accordingly.
- Log in to the Authorize.net Merchant Interface with your user ID and password.
- Click the Account tab via the main toolbar.
- Next, click Settings on the main left-side menu. Under Security Settings > General Security Settings, click on API Credentials & Keys. Your API Login ID will display on this page.
- To continue with creating a new Transaction Key, enter your Secret Answer. Select New Transaction Key.
Note: When obtaining a new Transaction Key, you can disable the old Transaction Key by checking the box titled: Disable Old Transaction Key Immediately.
- You may want to disable this if your previous Transaction Key was compromised.
- Your previous Transaction Key may also be linked to any other services you have. Make sure you update these with your new Transaction Key.
- Click Submit, then your new Transaction Key will display.
- If you check the box marked Disable Old Transaction Key Immediately, the Transaction Key immediately expires.
- If you do NOT check the box marked Disable Old Transaction Key Immediately, the old Transaction Key will automatically expire in 24 hours.
- Make sure to store the Transaction Key in a secure place.
- Do not share this Transaction Key with anyone, because this is used to protect your transactions.
- The system-generated Transaction Key acts like a password and is used to authenticate requests submitted to the gateway.
- If a request cannot be authenticated using the Transaction Key, the request gets rejected.
- You may generate a new Transaction Key as often as needed.
Make sure to enter your credentials in the Zonos app - click here for the instructions.