Shopify Duty and Tax App Installation InstructionsLast Updated: December 13, 2019
1. Add the Zonos Duty and Tax app from the Shopify App Store.
2. Click the Install App button.
3. Click Create Zonos account.* (if you already have a Zonos Store ID and API Key, skip this step and go to step 4)
Why do I need to add a credit card? Step 3 will take you away from Shopify to create your account in the Zonos dashboard. You will need to add a credit card to create your account, but WILL NOT be charged unless an international order is placed which includes a duty/tax quote. Once your account is created, return to Shopify to continue with step 4, below. It is recommended to keep the Zonos dashboard open in a separate tab.
4. In the Zonos Duty and Tax App settings in Shopify add your Zonos Store ID and API Key. Where do I find this?
5. Choose whether you’d like the Zonos Hello widget (only visible to non-domestic customers) to display duty and tax estimates throughout the shopping experience. By selecting nothing here, your customers will only be shown duty and tax estimates in the checkout.
6. Click Save.
7. If your store credentials and settings are correct, you’ll see a message that says: “Important - Please read before enabling Zonos” section. Read the info and then click Enable Zonos.
8. Zonos will be enabled on all shipping zones in your Shopify Shipping settings. Remove Zonos from any zones that you don’t want to quote a landed cost for.
11. Set up is complete. Test Zonos Duty and Tax app to ensure that duty and taxes are being quoted in the Shopify checkout.