How do I dispute charges with UPS?
Learn how to dispute UPS charges.
The steps below outline how to dispute charges with UPS:
- Log in to ups.com
- On the Quick Start menu, select View & Pay Bill.
- Select UPS Billing Center.
- Click Reporting → Search.
- Select the Tracking Number Detail option.
- Click on the invoice number.
- Click Download Documents.
- Paste the tracking number in the Supporting Documents section in the search field.
- Click on the appropriate tracking number hyperlink, which will open the details of that import shipment.
- Select Brokerage Forms at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Dispute at the bottom right of the screen to open a new window where you can enter the details of the dispute.
- Enter an appropriate description of the dispute and hit Continue. (WARNING: The description only allows for 80 characters).
- On the following screen, enter the dollar amount of your dispute (the amount that you believe was in error).
- Hit Continue and verify all the applicable pop-ups alerts to submit the dispute.
How long do dispute refunds take?
The process will typically take months depending on the country and carrier. Learn how to avoid this headache with Zonos Landed Cost Guarantee!
Why would I need Landed Cost Guarantee of Zonos is so accurate?
Once the package is shipped off, there are a lot of uncontrollable variables:
- A customs agent may decide to reassign your package’s description or HS code because they don’t agree with what was originally there, which could change the total landed cost.
- Additional and unexpected fees or events could take place i.e. supply chain issues, storage, or government fees.
- Humans aren’t perfect, so it could be due to human error.
- Incomplete or incorrect HS codes could have been assigned to your products.
Still have questions?
View our additional documentation on how to dispute UPS charges.